By now, you know that I am always looking for lip products that I don't have to reapply a million times during the day, but that also don't leave my lips painfully dry. I tried this product mostly out of curiosity about the stability of the colors after another analyst swatched a couple of them, including one for Bright Winter.
I was somewhat skeptical, because the ever-popular Lip Butters are decidedly not my favorite product, partially because I feel they slide all over the place, and partially because I noticed while swatching them out of paper that the colors tended to shift after a few minutes, pulling either soft or purple, or oddly, both. Happily, I don't find that the Just Bitten line tends to shift nearly so much, which is great, because they're just as cheap, stay put better, and are much longer lasting. I've heard some people still find these drying, but for me, they feel very comfortable on. I bet you've already guessed where this is going... after wearing one quite a bit myself, I decided to pick up several to keep in my makeup kit for my clients, and to swatch for all of you. I seem to have missed a few, but most of them from the main line (not the glosses or the matte ones) should be here.
- Honey - Soft Summer, may be too brown for some, though on my skin it was less brown than on paper, and on the whole distinctly more purpley than what I like on Soft Autumn
- Lovesick - True Winter
- Smitten - This one swatches as True Winter on paper, but on both my lips and skin, it seemed way more desaturated than Lovesick. True Winters who are tentative about their lip colors can probably still wear it, but I think a number of True Summers could do even better in it.
- Cherish - Light Summer, I guess. I wish I hadn't bought this one, as it's one of those colors that's meant to be lighter than your lips, which I don't find to be a very flattering category of colors, in general.
- Sweetheart - Bright Winter, really good for lighter-looking people in this season, but most should wear it well
- Adore - Dark Autumn, quite warm, but a little overpowering next to the True Autumn fan. Either could try it.
- Rendezvous - True Spring
- Crush - Dark Winter
- Charm - Light Spring, pretty warm and not much of a color even for this season, but it could work for some
So, there you have it! Let me know if you've tried any of these, and how it went. :)